July 8, 2008

Last time I wrote I had just arrived in Silver City.  Silver City was lonely.  I really missed Mom and Dad. I went to look at K and P’s house and was amazed.  The lady that bought the house has several fencing companies come up while K and P were still there to give bids on an adobe or brick fence but evidently they settled for chain link.  It probably wasn’t the best choice.  I took some pictures but I haven’t taken them off the camera yet.  I got coffee at the keosk and went to the museum in town and then to my show.  I ended up with a good crowd and the show was fun.  She asked me back for next year–two shows.  I can’t decide if I am going back–with gas prices where they are and likely to go, it’s a big decision.  I went to the college museum after the show and to the rock shop.  Then I went up to Little Walnut campground.  I was happy to see there was just one truck there so I would be almost alone.  As I drove by the truck I saw the Driver.  She was hugging a very large tree and digging the ground with her bare toe.  I thought this was very strange.  But it was only the beginning.  There were four more ladies–hugging trees and digging with their toes.  I have tried to thnk what it was all about but I just don’t know.  I meant to ask them but they didn’t seem like they wanted to be interrupted.   Very odd.  Then back to Albuquerque.  I had shows morning and afternoon but Cindy had arranged a massage inbetween.  What a wonderful regeneration.  Thursday Cindy and I went to Clovis and then Tucumcari.  She was really a great help.  And I didn’t have to sell after the show when it is hard for me to come back to being one person.  Anyhow, it was a long day but it was fun.  Then we went back to Albuquerque.  I had two shows on Friday. Cindy came to the afternoon show.  Then we went back to Bob and Cindy’s.  I took a shower and headed north.  I had supper in Los Vagas in Old Town.  My they have good real food.  Then I called every motel in Raton looking for a place to stay.  The only place I found was the Robin Hood. It was 62.00 and it had seen better days.  But the manager (owner) was nice and talky.  He drove truck when not managing motels and was indeed worried about the price of disel.  Next day, on to Cheyenne.  I met up with Kabe about 1:00 and hung out until 5:00.  We had a great afternoon but he had to go to work that night so I went on home.  I got there about 10:00 and settled in until today.  Then I packed up and headed to Lusk.  I had a show this afternoon and had given them a break on the price because it was on the way to Casper.  I am in Casper at the Holiday Inn Express.  It is a little above where I usually stay.  But what the heck.  It is great fun.  Tomorrow I have three shows.  I have not done three show yet of the Doodle Bug.  So we will see if I write tomorrow. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *